The Metro-CalTrans SR-710 Alternatives Draft Environmental Impact Report/Study (EIR/EIS) is now available! The agencies will be hosting four Public Hearings starting Saturday, April 11th in Monterey Park.
There are five alternatives being studied:
* A tunnel freeway that would complete the original plan and connect the northern stub of the existing I-710 at Valley in Alhambra with the SR-710 stub off the I-210 freeway in Pasadena
* A light rail transit (LRT) route starting at the Metro Gold Line (Eastside Extension) in East Los Angeles and connecting with the Gold Line in Pasadena
* A bus rapid transit (BRT) route starting at Whittier Blvd and Atlantic in East Los Angeles and going up to Pasadena just south of the I-210
* Transportation System Management/Transportation Demand Management (TSM/TDM), which involves regional intersection and route improvements, signal synchronization and other upgrades to improve regional traffic flow
* Doing nothing (This is required by law to establish a baseline.)
Please help us finally close the gap after more than 50 years!